Tropical Fish Forum . Net

Tropical Fish Forum . Net (http://www.tropicalfishforum.net/index.php)
-   Tetras (http://www.tropicalfishforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Congo Tetras!!! (http://www.tropicalfishforum.net/showthread.php?t=2569)

Sharon

Re: New Congo Tetras!!!

My gosh...you don't mean you have an empty tank just sitting there....:rolleyes:

StormySkiez

Awesome pictures Sharon you lucky woman you! I hope you enjoy your new beautys!

sesquipedalianis

i have been looking for some of those.. 1 pet store here has them,and wont sell them, they are in a display tank..they are beautiful when they are feeling at home in a tank.
sharon, we all at one time paid more then others for a fish we really wanted..( some of us...cough.......more then once)
ill be the first to raise my hand. and say..i may have paid double, but i own that fish(s)
example, my 36.00 pair of kribs..

i drove an hour and a half away friday,spent 30 bucks in gas, to buy 4 bristlenose plecos for 8 dollars each...

but i sure do have some pretty fish!!!!

are congos as easy to keep as regular tetras..

Neoblaze550

Nicole your lucky (other than spending $30 on gas:rolleyes:) All the Lfs I go to sell the bristlenoses for $10+:(

We sould all learn how to send eachother fish;) I could get Sharon some cheap Congos and Nicole can get me some cheap bristlenoses. (plus I have some kribs I need to get rid of):)

sesquipedalianis

ill tell you what. once our mail is up and running again..ill send you some bristlenose. guy on a local forum around the house breeds and sells them. ill get you a some and send them to you for a couple of male kribs.LOL buy the time mail gets running again. mine may have had babies, and i can ship those off to ya:)

Greensleeves

Hrm actually I have two empty 10 gallons and an empty 20 gallon high. The two 10 gallons are going to the auction this month and I think I might restart the 20 gallon and put some harlies in it. I love those fish :)

Now I just need to find a place to put it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharon (Post 17676)
My gosh...you don't mean you have an empty tank just sitting there....:rolleyes:

uchi-mata

Imulse buys! Haha , my girlfriend has learned not to believe me when I tell her Im just going to look!

jellygirl

The Tetras are truly stunning Sharon, what a lovely buy.

I understand that this is a second spending spree as somewhere I did see another post regarding congo tetras and a python syphon!:) The mind boggles I must look that snake up on the internet. he he . I would n;t mind a gadget like that as I too have arthritis in my neck and shoulders:(

The pictures you have taken are really lovely. I especially like the one done with flash and the black background. They can be found quite easily in my parts, but I did notice in one shop the dorsal fin was quite small and in another very high and beautiful like your ones have.

I would have been tempted to put them in with my kribs, but I feel that I dont have enough space for six . Drat as as for empty tanks - oh dear I have three, One is a 450 litre and I don't think this tank is gonna fit in the space I had in mind - another drat!!!

Good luck with your tetras. I love looking at peoples photos. I somehow think it brings us all closer together in our love of fish.
Michelle

StormySkiez

Quote:

Originally Posted by uchi-mata (Post 18724)
Imulse buys! Haha , my girlfriend has learned not to believe me when I tell her Im just going to look!

Lately I have found it very easy to Just Look. Lol, I don't have to do the work!

How are the congos Sharon?

Sharon

They're doing well...and have coloured up nicely. :) I was a little worried about all my fish, as I've been away for a week. I've just got back and checked everyone, and all is well!