Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Tropical Fish Compatibility

Tropical Fish Compatibility Questions and comments about compatibility

Old ,

Default Re: Angel - Pleco issues of compatibility

Neo..........I have had twelve all the same size in a 75gal and they fought continuosly either trying to dominate or select mating pardners. Even with two they fight for what ever reason. Even pairs that have mated and laid eggs that hatched still will fight each other occasionally. I have had some that lived reasonably peacefully together, but this seemed to be the exception. I have had angels that didn't bother anything and some that would try to kill any tank mates. I had a betta with angels that lived two years with out a single nipped fin. I had angels torn up by tetras, barbs, gourami and such..............If you don't want to breed them, angels are best kept single, but that is no guarentee that it won't attack others or it be attacked by the other fish.
Old ,

True

Every fish is different and it's almost impossible to figure out their personality's right off the bat it takes time to see them develop.

I'm just telling you my experience of keeping 2, but if you decide to only keep one I'm sure it will work out for you also just keep a close eye on it.
10 gallon: Krib fry!!!
8 gallon: 1 Male betta
Neoblaze (Aka Cole )
Old ,

welcome to the forums mel!!!
Old ,

I keep Angels and Pleco's in all my tank. The only small problem is in my 125 gal when you put in wafers of any kind my big pleco will run the angel off but he does not hurt it. So I normally put in several wafers to keep the food protection thing down. My big problem was the Angels fighting bad amongst them selves.So now all 4 are split up in different tanks.Although I do have 2 in my 125 gal,Most of the time that tank is big enough they pretty much behave.What kind of a Pleco do you have? Some of those get real big and have to have a big tank.Also don't forget to feed the Pleco vegies.
Old ,

Well.. the dye is cast! we just got two small angels one is all silver/white with a single black stripe. The other is very marbled with dark stripes on silver. The one with multiple stripes has a notch in the dorsal fin and is slightly larger, the kids call it "The Sarge". The one with the single stripe is called "Private".

So far after half a day , all is peaceful and content

FYI the Angels really dug the blood worms I fed the tank during afternoon feeding

Wasn't going to get the Angels just this yet but I was cleaning the tank and broke the heater. Oooops!

Hence, an emergency run to the Aquarium Store

While I was there I saw these Angels and ...... well I supose you guys know the rest
Old ,

That's great, Mel...hope all goes well! Very cute names!!! I would imagine they did "dig" the bloodworms...they "dig" just about everything!!! Very gluttonous fish!!!

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories