Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > General Freshwater Chats

General Freshwater Chats General questions and comments.

Old ,

Wink Re: I don’t know if I am just being needy, looking for "Ata boys” or for the old...

Probably my house will look like that in the future, hehehhehe Super nice!! Have the Rams mated already??

"It's better being happy than being right"
Old ,

Default Re: I don’t know if I am just being needy, looking for "Ata boys” or for the old...

Your tanks are amazing! I went to your My Space page yesterday, but I couldn't see the pics since I'm not registered there. Glad you posted them here!!
Old ,

Default Re: I don’t know if I am just being needy, looking for "Ata boys” or for the old...

AWESOME!!! MTD strikes again!!!

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old ,

WOW! Alots of tanks. They are very nice. I like your rainbow shark
Old ,

Thank you for all the comments.

These are only a few of my Pics.

Yes the Rams have mated but it was before I had MTD so I had nowhere to move the eggs and they seem to like caviar. They have been courting lately and I hope for another spwn from them.

As always you thoughts, suggestions and comments are welcomed and appreciated. Peace

P.S. I updated the stocking list above.
Old ,

Default New Stocking List

* 30 Gallon B (84dF): Mating Pair of German Blue Rams (Blue-Boy and Girlie); 7 Rasbora Hets; 5 Rummy Nose Tetras; 1 Neon Tetra; 1 broad leaf anubias and 2 narrow leaf anubias (were labeled as mixed anubias at LFS); 3 Java Ferns; fist sized clump of java moss and a small "clump" of hornwort.

* 55 gallon: 2 Bosemani Rainbows (M/F); 2 Turquoise Rainbows (M/F); 2 Male Keyholes (Lefty and Dead-Eye); 1 Dwarf Gourami (Cocky); 3 Panda Cories; 2 Albino Cories (Toot and Blow); 1 7" Red Finned Rainbow Shark(Killer); 1 Java Fern; 1 round leaf anubias; 1 large bunch of hornwort.

* 30-Gallon A: 3 typical Tiger Barbs; 3 Green Tiger Barbs; 1 Amazon Sword; 2 plants which look like A. Swords but were labeled as mixed anubias.

*20 gallon A (82dF for healing wounds): 1 5" Female Opaline Gourami (MS. Blue); a few small “balls” (marble size) of java moss; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon B (82dF for healing wounds): 1 Honey Flame Gourami (was being beat/intimidated up by my Dwarf G. and Rainbows); 1 hand size clump of hornwort; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon African: 15 pounds of crushed coral; 10 pounds of coral colored spectra stone (fine grain); Plan on a pair of rock/cave dwellers/spawners; and 3+ strong harem of Shellies.

* All tanks Have Whisper Power filters rated at tank size (accept as noted) and the 55 has an additional Hagen AquaClear rated at half tank size running dual sponges and Hagen BioMax.

* Except where noted, Temps are all kept stable at an "average" based on fish preference, of app. 74-77 dF.

* All tanks have Spectra Stone Substrate (4 parts almond color standard grain to 1 part fine grain black). All tanks "realistically" planted with artificial plants, with many slate caves, large driftwood displays, and scattered "polished river" stones/granite pebbles.

* 2 additional 20-gallon tanks shelved and ready to set up as hospital and QT and 1 20 gallon waiting for me to finish a stand and set up for dwarf puffers (maybe).

* If you want to know more, just ask!

* You can also find me on MySpace: ww.myspace.com/devongreatwolf.
Old ,

Default updated stocking

* 55 gallon A: 3 Bosemani Rainbows (M/2F); 3 Turquoise Rainbows (M/2F); 2 Male Keyholes (Lefty and Dead-Eye); 3 Panda Cories; 2 Albino Cories (Toot and Blow); 1 7" Red Finned Rainbow Shark(Killer);2 green wendtii; 1 red wendtii; 3 Java Fern; 1 round leaf anubias; 1 large bunch of hornwort.

* 55 gallon B: Future home of a pair of Jack Dempsey’s; a trio of red devils; and my large pleco; Black and almond fine spectra stone substrate; Large driftwood arrangement; extra large java fern (inserted into hollow vertical driftwood); and soon all the large rocks from my 20 gallon QT tanks.

* 30-Gallon A: 3 typical Tiger Barbs; 3 Green Tiger Barbs; 1 Amazon Sword; 2 plants which look like A. Swords but were labeled as mixed anubias; 1 Java Fern; “good-sized” clump of hornwort; and a fist-sized java moss covered stone.

* 30 Gallon B (84dF): Mating Pair of German Blue Rams (Blue-Boy and Girlie); 7 Rasbora Hets; 5 Rummy Nose Tetras; 1 Neon Tetra; 1 broad leaf anubias and 2 narrow leaf anubias (were labeled as mixed anubias at LFS); 2 Java Ferns; fist sized clump of java moss and a small "clump" of hornwort.

*20 gallon A: one unknown fry; 3 otto’s; one “water onion”; various Anubias and Crypts in QT; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon B (82dF for healing wounds): 1 5" Female Opaline Gourami (MS. Blue); a few small “balls” (marble size) of java moss, 1 java fern; small bunch of hornwort; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon C QT: 1 12+” Pleco; a few large flat, algae covered stones; Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon D QT: 1 6+” Jack Dempsey; a few large flat, algae covered stones and one large “holey rock” made into caves; Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon E: (Future shell dweller tank) 15 pounds of crushed coral; 10 pounds of coral colored spectra stone (fine grain); Plan on a pair of rock/cave dwellers/spawners possible Dickfeldi’s; and colony of either multi’s or ocellatus.

* All tanks Have Whisper Power filters rated at tank size (accept as noted) and the 55 has an additional Hagen AquaClear rated at half tank size running dual sponges and Hagen BioMax.

* Except where noted, Temps are all kept stable at an "average" based on fish preference, of app. 74-77 dF.

* All tanks (except QT’s) have Spectra Stone Substrate (4 parts almond color standard grain to 1 part fine grain black). All tanks "realistically" planted with artificial plants, with many slate caves, large driftwood displays, and scattered "polished river" stones/granite pebbles.

* 2 additional 20-gallon tanks shelved and ready to set up as hospital and QT and 1 20 gallon waiting for me to finish a stand and set up for dwarf puffers (maybe).

Old ,

Default Once again - updated stocking

Any thoughts, comments, ideas, or critiques are both welcomed and appreciated.

* 55 gallon A: 3 Bosemani Rainbows (M/2F); 3 Turquoise Rainbows (M/2F); 3 Yellow Rainbows (M/2F); 2 Male Keyholes (Lefty and Dead-Eye); 3 Panda Cories; 1 7" Red Finned Rainbow Shark (Killer); 2 green wendtii; 1 red wendtii; 4 Java Fern; 2 anubias hastifolia; 1 round leaf anubias; 1 water onion; 1 5” Japanese Moss ball; large bunch of hornwort. Whisper 30-60 filter with secondary filtration from Hagen AquaClear rated at half tank size running dual sponges and Hagen BioMax.

* 55 gallon B: Large Jack Dempsey; 6 Giant Danios; large pleco (app 14”); extra large java fern ; bunch of hornwort; and various large rocks stacked to form caves. Dual Whisper 30-60 filters.

* 30 Gallon A: 3 typical Tiger Barbs; 3 Green Tiger Barbs; 2 Platinum Green Tiger Barbs; 1 Albino Tiger Barb; 2 Albino Cories (Toot and Blow); 1 Amazon Sword; 2 Java Fern; 1 “Lace” Java Fern; “good-sized” clump of hornwort. Whisper 30 filter.

* 30 Gallon B (84dF): 3 juvenile German Blue Rams (M/2FM); 1 adult female GBR (Girlie); 5 Rummy Nose Tetras; 1 Neon Tetra; 1 juvenile Rainbow (possible Bosemani/Turquoise hybrid); 1 broad leaf anubias and 2 narrow leaf anubias (were labeled as mixed anubias at LFS); 3 Java Ferns; app. 15-20 small assorted crypts; 1 3.5” Japanese Moss ball. Whisper 30 filter.

*20 gallon A: 1 Male Betta (Blue with red highlights); 7 Rasbora Hets; 2 Java ferns; 1 small crypt; clump of hornwort; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon B: 1 5" Opaline Gourami (MS. Blue); 1 java fern; Filter = Whisper 40i.

*20 gallon C QT: Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon D QT: Filter = Whisper 20i and homemade sponge filter.

*20 gallon E: Pair of Neolamprogus Pulcher (Daffodil); 2 “Lace” Java ferns; 2 sword-like plants; 5 Anubias Nana; crushed coral and aragonite mix substrate. Whisper 30 filter.

* Except where noted, Temps are kept stable at an "average" based on fish preference, app. 74-77 dF.

* All tanks (except QT’s and Tanganyikan) have Spectra Stone Substrate (4 parts almond color standard grain to 1 part fine grain black). All tanks "realistically" planted with artificial plants, with many slate caves, large driftwood displays, and scattered "polished river" stones/granite pebbles.

* Additional 20-gallon and 30 gallon tanks (1 ea.) waiting for me to finish a stands.

Old ,

I am overwhelmed
Old ,

Beautiful!! My living room hopefully will look like that soon! I need to make more room first.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."