Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Disease

Disease Questions and comments about fish diseases.

Old ,

Default labeo boga

Hi all could anybody tell me anything about labeo boga (red gilled violet shark) is it compatible with tree spot gouramis because for some unknown reason my male gourami has desease treated it for fungal & fin rot & separated it now put it back in big tank again & he is clamping his fins so wondered if he was being bullied by (shark) please help!!
Old ,

Default Re: labeo boga

Do you see the shark bullying the Gourami?......Could it be one of the other Gouramis bothering the sick fish?............It also may be, that the Gourami may still be sick...

What was the disease you treated it for and what med did you use?....What are the water conditions in your tank now (temperature, ph, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.)?
Old ,

Question Re: labeo boga

Hi dano thanks for reply gourami is still sick gill fins still red&clamped was treating him for fin &body rot (MYXAZIN) he used to chase female gouramis i've had females for about 16mnths & male about 8-9mnths upgraded to new tank & thats when i noticed he had problem but done water change so should be alright.They all about 4-5inches so not babys the violet shark was chasing him & thats when we noticed he was ill do you know much about violet sharks? dont know sex or how big they grow its about 5inches now had it also about 9mnths.
Old ,

Default Re: labeo boga

This is all I could find on your shark...I hope it helps.
http://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/databank...p?id=138&l=bdp