Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Feeding

Feeding Questions and comments about feeding fish

Old ,

Default Re: ants

I've never even seen a "cockroach"...except on TV....

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old ,

Sharon, ewww, they are so disgusting! We had them once when I was a kid and the people next door got evicted..they trashed the place and when the owners exterminated, all those roaches ran out and to all the neighboring homes..we all had them. It was the worst bug experience of my life, they were everywhere ~ like inside the coffee maker, and in the brackets of the shower curtain rack. It was totally disgusting I get the creepy crawlies just thinkin about it..they are worse then ants, and ants can get really bad too

Old ,
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Bernie.............I don't know if you have the "jumping ants" common to Australia near you, but I would think those things would kill fish if not the owner of the fish. Australia seems to have a lot of really dangerous insects.

No! we don't have them in my area Dano...The only really dangerous insect I have encountered, was finding a nest of "Red Back" spiders just outside my back door.

Quote:

Originally posted by Sharon: I've never even seen a "cockroach"...except on TV....

REALLY!! I am amazed you haven't seen one Sharon..maybe it is too cold for them where you live. I thought they lived everywhere!

Like Cher said....I find them really disgusting as well...they are particularly bad in summer. They really freak me out...especially the ones that can fly I have gotten off the topic a bit, sorry!

Last edited by Bernie : at .
Old ,

Pesticides are banned in our area unless clearly posted around the entire property. Being the case, I have no fear of feeding bugs to my fish. I have angelfish and silver dollars together in one tank and I cannot believe how ballistic the silver dollars get when they see the ants in the tank! They fight over who gets the ant and usually tear them apart in the fight. Seems that everyone gets a bit of them. No one will eat the spiders but they love ants!

I have seen enough cockroaches to last a lifetime! Nasty, nasty, nasty and they get into everything!