Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Stocking Tank Tips

Stocking Tank Tips Information for stocking your tank.

Old ,

Default suggestions on stocking 77 gallon tank

Hey gang :
I have a 77 gallon fresh water tank. It has been running for about 2 months.
3 weeks ago we added 4 dwarf gouramis, 1 catfish, 1 pleco, 1 lyre tail mollie, and 1 male beta. All is well, but we live in the country so the water ph is around 7 to 7.5 (we have alot of drift wood in the tank). We would love some schooling fish and maybe some neons and angels? Do you think these could tolerate the ph, and if not any suggestions?
Old ,

Default Re: suggestions on stocking 77 gallon tank

Hay there Bala I have a 75gal with all the fish listed below and my ph is only 7.2 to 7.5 and has been from the first day I started keeping fish in it I cycled for 1 month...It has been keeping these fish for 7 months now and all is great...I also have a 10 gal with 2 copper corys 1 panda cory 2 chinise algae eaters 4 harlequin resboras and 5 black neons and it is also beteen 7 and 7.5 in ph....So the fish you have listed should do good in there but you should get the angels young and let them grow with the other fish because I have heard the they can be aggrisive with mollies and guppies....hope this helps you with the stocking of your tank...rob

(Fish in 75 gal)
2 bala sharks
2 angels
2 molleis
4 guppies
12 bleedong heart tetras
1 otto cat
3 siamese algae eaters
1 copper cory cat
3 pepper corys

Last edited by grump : at .
Old ,

The water where I live is around 7 ph.... and the neons do fine in it. I dont know how angels do.... I would suggest consulting the compatibility index on this site to see how they would get along...

also, angels require a lot of room and get very large, so please consider this when stocking your tank... good luck
10 gallon assort guppies & platy
3 - 3 gallons 1 betta each
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old ,

Since you added a lot of fish in a short period of time, you need to watch the ammonia level. Ph of 6.5 to 7.5 will work for general fish keeping. The closer it is to neutral (7.0) the better. There are some fish that do well at either end of the range and it is wise to research the fish before you buy them to make sure they will be happy with the ph in your tank.

Also, remember that your Betta will become a target for fin nipping with the addition of many types of fish.

Last edited by Dano : at .