Polls  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Catfish, Plecos and Loaches

Catfish, Plecos and Loaches Questions and comments about catfish, plecos and loaches.

Old ,

Default My cory cats are on their way!

So I ordered and purchased six corydoras trilineatus cats from an importer in Florida (I'll withhold the name so this doesn't appear to be an advertisement)

I paid an insane $73 for overnight FedEx shipping and six fish.

No, DH doesn't yet know.

They're shipping out tomorrow and should arrive at my work on Thursday. They're going to my work so that someone can sign for them. I'm a teacher so I had to alert the secretaries of the impending arrival of live fish. I guess after working in a middle school for as long as they have, nothing phases them anymore, thank goodness

I am very excited ... I had two trilineatus last summer but lost one sometime after the holidays and so now I have only one who swims around all by himself. He sometimes tags along with the melanistius corys, but generally is all alone. Now he will have some friends! These guys don't get very large; mine is only 1 1/2 inches in length after a year's growth whereas the melanistius are now almost 3 inches.

Will let you guys know how they do on their flight up. Please keep your fingers crossed. And know that I feel like a complete lunatic for flying fish to my home. A complete lunatic, but a happy lunatic

10 gallon assort guppies & platy
3 - 3 gallons 1 betta each
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old ,

Default Re: My cory cats are on their way!

That's great, GS! They are gorgeous, and the one little guy deserves a friend. Can't wait to see pics. When are you telling DH?

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old ,

i used to ahve stuff send here all the time.. should have seen the mail ladies face when she found out on package was 16 snails...lol
Old ,

Hrmmm... I might not tell DH at all and just let him think he's gone delerious when he sees seven of them... I've been trying to get him to go into the eye doctor for ages now

On a more serious note, I'll show him when he gets home from work. I just won't mention the cost of shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
That's great, GS! They are gorgeous, and the one little guy deserves a friend. Can't wait to see pics. When are you telling DH?
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old ,

haha funny did everything arrive safely & intact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesquipedalianis View Post
i used to ahve stuff send here all the time.. should have seen the mail ladies face when she found out on package was 16 snails...lol
Old ,

The corys arrived in Memphis last nigt around 11 pm. I hope they're picking up frequent flyer miles <g>

Wow I'm such a geek. haaahahahhaa
Old ,

Yeah...that's the thing with fishkeeping...it does seem to turn us into "geeks"...

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old ,

yeah everything always got here safely.. friend of mine and i are ordering some dwarf cockatoo cichlids off of aquabid..bid ends in a few days let ya know how that went..
hope tour lil "kitties" are doing great!!!
Old ,

They showed up at my desk at work around 1:45 pm... fortunately, there the class wasn't in session at the time... it would be a major distraction to have the box with bright orange stamps exclaiming 'LIVE FISH! CAUTION! USE CARE!' show up in the middle of a lesson hahaha

The fish are in the 75 gallon tank and all lights are off. I hope they settle in well. Will post some pics after a couple days when they are acclimated.
Old ,

Glad they arrived safely!

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank