Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Angelfish and Discus

Angelfish and Discus General questions and comments about angelfish and discus.

Old ,

Default What colour are Red Pigeon Blood Discus?

Lol, sorry about the strange question. Anyway here is the situation, I have a 50 gallon tank and have had Discus now for about a month. I got the fish from a local recommended breeder, he told me to get 6 young fish so that they would shoal. Anyway, they did not eat well for the 1st week and after 8 days, 1 died.
Of the 5 that are left I want you to look at the colour of 1 of them, he/she seems to have a blueish/grey tint, doesn't feed as well as the others, but doesn't seem to be being bullied. Have a look at the pics below and tell me what you think:

Here he is with one of the others:

Here is one of him on his own but the flash went off:

Any ideas?
Old ,

Default Re: What colour are Red Pigeon Blood Discus?

There are so many color variations that no one can really tell exactly what your fish should look like.....Without knowing what the majority of your fish's siblings look like, no one could predict that the color of your Discus is natural or caused by stress.

How close to the breeder's water quality are you keeping the tank (ph, hardness, temperature)? Have you contacted the breeder about this and did you get any recommendations about feeding and care?
Old ,

I have the same water as the breeder and he did give me some advice about feeding and care. It was a good suggestion to give him a call though. I think I will and get back to you guys

As a side thought, at what age do Discus start exhibting their adult colouring?
Old ,

My Leopard Pigeon Bloods were pretty bright when they were about 2in. dia............I had some Turquoise and Blue Discus that were showing some color when they were near 2 in dia also. I truly miss having Discus.